PE & Sport Premium
Most schools with primary-age pupils receive the PE and sport premium. Schools receive funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. As a School with 17 or more eligible pupils, we will receive £16,000, and an additional payment of £10 per pupil, during 2021-2022. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport on offer. This means that school must use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities on offer
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
At Sutton Veny we aim to provide high quality physical education for all children, delivered by members of staff, who are committed to engaging pupils and developing their skills in this area of the curriculum. We want to provide all children with the opportunity to engage in competitive sporting activities, both within our school and the wider community. By delivering these opportunities for our pupils, we aim to have a positive impact on their physical development, all-round health and confidence, while fostering a love of physical activity, which they will carry forward as they move through life.
To make this happen, we have identified three key stands to develop within our school:
1. Enhancing the Quality of PE Lessons.
2. Developing School Sport Opportunities.
3. Promoting a Healthy, Active Lifestyle
To find out how we have spent the Sports Premium and the impact of this, please see the reports opposite.