Design & Technology
The DT curriculum aims for all children to:
- Acquire and develop a creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks and enable their participation in an ever increasing technological world.
- Develop a repertoire of knowledge, skills and understanding and then apply this when designing and making a wide range of high quality products.
- Test and evaluate the outcomes of their ideas, products and the work of others.
- Learn about the principles of nutrition and learn a variety of skills needed for cooking healthy meals.
Each design and technology unit is structured for the opportunity to:
- Investigate, disassemble and explore
- Focused Practical Tasks
- Design and Make
This part of the curriculum aims to instil in all children a love of cooking and equip them with the skills and desire to cook healthy and tasty meals in a creative way. They learn to understand where their food comes from and how ingredients are grown, reared, caught and processed.
Design and Technology Policy and Curriculum Progression