There has been a school in the village of Sutton Veny since the 1850s. The original site is now a private dwelling just off Duck Street. Sutton Veny CE Primary School was built in 1872 next to the church. The foundation stone was laid on 10th April 1872 by Mrs. Mary Everett, wife of Col. John Everett who lived at Greenhill House. The inscription under the stone read ‘To the glory of God and for the education of the youth of this parish in the principles of the Church of England.’ A service in church followed, at which the children sang. Each child was given a bun and two oranges.
The present building was extended in 1969 to accommodate children from local villages where schools were closed. To accommodate the increasing number of children in the school two further classrooms were completed in April 2000 and November 2003. In 2013 the school celebrated its 140th anniversary. There was a special service in the church and all of the children and staff dressed as Victorians! The Friends of Sutton Veny School kindly gave each child a bun and an orange to mark this special occasion.