Each day the whole school gathers together for worship and we encourage everyone to take an active part. As a Church of England School we base our worship on Christian teachings, values and traditions of the Christian Church. However, we conduct our assemblies in a manner that is sensitive to the individual faith and beliefs of all members of the school community. Collective worship plays a very important part in promoting the Christian ethos of the school, encouraging the children to have high levels of spiritual and moral reflection and to ensure that all children are valued, and their achievements are recognised.
Collective worship is used to encourage the children to:
* Reflect on their achievements, learning and their own life
* Acknowledge and reward achievements both in and out of school
* Consider broader aspects of living within a local and global Christian Community, to recognise key events and stories from Christianity and the Church calendar.
* Reflect on current experiences and themes that influence and impact on the children’s lives
Through our organisation of Collective Worship we:
* Conduct assemblies in a sensitive, dignified and respectful way
* Show the children that assembly time is a period of calm reflection
* Regard assembly as a special time and expect children to behave in an appropriate way
* Ask everyone to be quiet, be thoughtful and to listen carefully
* Encourage the children to contribute their ideas and thoughts (Young worship leaders)
* Create an atmosphere by using music, lighting candles or using objects that act as a focal point for the attention of the children. The cross is our main focus, lit by class candles to show that Jesus is the light of the world.
- Term 1 – Thankfulness
- Term 2 – Creativity
- Term 3 – Friendship
- Term 4 – Hope
- Term 5 – Truthfulness
- Term 6 – Humility
A Weekly Overview of our Collective Worship
Mondays – Collective Worship – Led by Miss Brotherton
Tuesdays – ‘Values for Life’ Collective Worship – Led by Teaching Staff
Wednesdays – Singing Worship – Led by Mrs Dale
Thursdays – Collective Worship – Led by Revd. Alison Morley or Revd. Jane Shaw
Fridays – Celebration Assembly – Parents and friends are warmly invited and encouraged to attend this celebration of birthdays, certificates and special people
We invite all families and friends of the school to our weekly celebration assembly on a Friday and encourage them to attend. This promotes the community spirit of the school and is a practical demonstration of the way home and school work together to celebrate the achievements of our children.